Start Learning Spanish in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Add Mexico to the Regional Series

rodney
Established Presence

Add Mexico to the Regional Series

Postby rodney » May 23rd, 2008 11:28 am

I'm actually quite shocked Mexico isn't already included in the Regional Series. Any plans on adding Mexico anytime soon?

Joseph
Expert on Something

Postby Joseph » May 23rd, 2008 3:25 pm

Not in the immediate future, but we have considered it seriously and have been developing a couple of different strategies to get a Mexican team up and running. For now, our priority is the Intermediate Series.

Get 40% OFF
rodney
Established Presence

Postby rodney » September 6th, 2008 2:24 pm

Any updates on when or if we'll be getting a Mexico series anytime soon?

Joseph
Expert on Something

Mejico

Postby Joseph » September 8th, 2008 12:32 pm

Rodney,

Thanks for keeping up on this thread. Seeing that we have temporarily put the Regional Series on hold, Mexico is unfortunately on hold too. :(

I agree with you, though, I want to learn more about Mexican Spanish. When I hear Ana make a reference to it, in a Lower or Upper Intermediate Lesson, I always wish she would go on more to learn more about her culture.

Here's an option. In Upper Intermediate Lesson 6-10, the Lesson Conversation is about disputes in literature, and one of the main characters is from Spain, while the other is from Perú. Naturally, this makes for a great situation to talk about preferences and idiosyncrasies. What I'm wondering is if it would be helpful to create conversations for Lessons 11-15 in a Mexican context, or in a context in which there is at least one Mexican...? While this wouldn't be a properly "Mexican" lesson, I'm sure it would give Ana a chance to talk some more about how Mexican Spanish differs from other regional forms. What do you think?

rodney
Established Presence

Re: Mejico

Postby rodney » September 8th, 2008 6:52 pm

Joseph wrote:Rodney,

Thanks for keeping up on this thread. Seeing that we have temporarily put the Regional Series on hold, Mexico is unfortunately on hold too. :(

I agree with you, though, I want to learn more about Mexican Spanish. When I hear Ana make a reference to it, in a Lower or Upper Intermediate Lesson, I always wish she would go on more to learn more about her culture.

Here's an option. In Upper Intermediate Lesson 6-10, the Lesson Conversation is about disputes in literature, and one of the main characters is from Spain, while the other is from Perú. Naturally, this makes for a great situation to talk about preferences and idiosyncrasies. What I'm wondering is if it would be helpful to create conversations for Lessons 11-15 in a Mexican context, or in a context in which there is at least one Mexican...? While this wouldn't be a properly "Mexican" lesson, I'm sure it would give Ana a chance to talk some more about how Mexican Spanish differs from other regional forms. What do you think?

I think that's a great idea!

Return to “Spanish Lesson Suggestions”