Start Learning Spanish in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Can we have more Newbie and Beginner lessons?

watermen
Been Around a Bit

Can we have more Newbie and Beginner lessons?

Postby watermen » December 20th, 2007 4:31 pm

I realized that there are a lot of audio blogs, as a beginner, I really couldn't understand it. I just wonder if it is possible for Spod101 team to focus on newbie and beginner lessons first, like Jpod101 did in the beginning. Try to build up tons of newbie and beginner lessons before have more advanced ones.

Joseph
Expert on Something

Newbies, Beginners, Audio Blogs

Postby Joseph » December 22nd, 2007 5:56 pm

Watermen,

Thanks for the suggestion! I understand what you mean. There's nothing more frustrating than starting to learn a language and constantly hearing lessons that are still undecipherable. We will be publishing more Newbie and Beginner lessons, and regularly at that. Also, as of now, the Regional Spanish Lessons are at the Newbie level. If you check them out, you'll notice that they reference a specific Newbie Lesson. For example, Regional Spanish Lesson 1: How you doin', my man? references Newbie Lesson 1: Hi! How are you? That means that they both are really at the Newbie Level. Nevertheless, we'll definitely take your suggestion into account. ¡Gracias por la sugerencia!

Saludos,

Joseph

Get 40% OFF
watermen
Been Around a Bit

Postby watermen » December 23rd, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks for replying.

I like the idea that Spod101 introduces different region Spanish.

Another thing I think Spod101 can improve is to make it more lively like Jpod101.

Joseph
Expert on Something

Postby Joseph » December 24th, 2007 3:40 pm

Yeah, I agree. What's worse than learning in monotone. Well, I guarantee you that we'll do our best and, I think that with time, things will fall into place and everyone will grow more comfortable with their roles, so that the lessons are a little more off-the-cuff. Thanks so much for your patience and participation in the comments and the forum!

Joseph

watermen
Been Around a Bit

Postby watermen » December 25th, 2007 3:18 am

joseph wrote:Yeah, I agree. What's worse than learning in monotone. Well, I guarantee you that we'll do our best and, I think that with time, things will fall into place and everyone will grow more comfortable with their roles, so that the lessons are a little more off-the-cuff. Thanks so much for your patience and participation in the comments and the forum!

Joseph

I feel that instead of having newbie and beginner lessons at this time. I suggest Spod101 to concentrate on just newbie...may be after around 30++ newbies, after that Spod101 can start having more beginner lessons.

One of the reason why I find Jpod101 very helpful in learning Japanese is because they have tons of beginner lessons. I first started listening to 40++ of their newbie lessons and then go into their beginner lessons. By the time I reach around Lesson #60, I have listened to 100 over lessons, I realized that I understand a great deal of Japanese by that time. It was so helpful, and you feel good. By the time I finished all their 55 Beginner S2 and 170 Beginner S1 lessons, I am already at an intermediate level. I am able to read simple news article, listen to easy Japaense animation etc...it was great. Now I am just listening 1 lesson per day.

I think Spod101 can emulate Jpod101 as well. Make a lot of Newbie lessons and Beginner lessons. More Beginner lessons than newbie lessons. Instead of starting intermediate or audio blog at this time. High level beginner lessons will be much more useful to most people here.

My suggestion:
1st step --> 3 Newbie lessons and 1 Beginner per week, until there are 40++ Newbie lessons.
2nd step --> After achieving the 1st goal, we can have 1 newbie and 3 Beginner per week. The ultimate goal is to create 200++ beginner lessons like Jpod101 or Chinesepod. Never underestimate these beginner lessons, it is super useful.
3rd step --> When we have around 60++ beginner lessons, we can start introducing lower intermediate lessons.
4th step --> May be after 20++ lower intermediate, we can start introducing intermediate level?
5. Meanwhile, Spod101 can introduce survival phrases and cultural lessons. With emphasis on US hispanic/puerto rico or mexico culture.

Hope you all look into it seriously, that was just my experience as a learner in Jpod101.

Return to “Spanish Lesson Suggestions”