Start Learning Spanish in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Dictation Exercises

sasmith
New in Town

Dictation Exercises

Postby sasmith » November 6th, 2008 1:31 pm

I'd like to see dictation exercises (similar to those on the Tell-me-More software series).

I know you can more or less do it yourself in Word or just with a piece of paper, but it would be kind of nice to have it as an online feature.

I think it would work well in a similar looking format to the line-by-line transcription section, except that underneath each dialogue line's play button, you'd have a blank box to type in your attempt at transcribing what was said; and then underneath that, I suppose, a button to reveal the correct Spanish.

I expect it might be tricky to programme the site to be able to 'mark' your answers as just a variation in punctuation could make your answer 'wrong', but simply seeing your answer alongside the correct one would probably be enough. (although, saying that, over at Quizlet there are checkboxes to ignore capitalization, punctuation etc, so I assume it is somehow programmable).

Anyone else think this would be a good addition to the exercises ?

Simon

Joseph
Expert on Something

Postby Joseph » November 6th, 2008 5:00 pm

Simon,

Very interesting suggestion. I am always in favor of encouraging more active participation. I think we all know that listening, on its own, just doesn't cut it. A listening comprehension exercise, like the one you propose, would be an interesting addition to the Lesson Specific features in the Learning Center. I will see that your suggestions reaches our development team. Thanks for sharing your idea and enjoy the course!

Saludos,
Joseph
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Learn Spanish Feature Requests”