Start Learning Spanish in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Video - Video - Video

Joseph
Expert on Something

Video - Video - Video

Postby Joseph » August 9th, 2008 3:19 am

Alright, if you're a student that's come to Spod101 from Jpod101 or KClass101, you're probably wondering if we've thinking about starting to include video in our daily feed. The answer is Yes! We are thinking about it, but we need your help.

Adding a feature like video to our podcast could increase the effectiveness of our course and make it that much easier for you to learn Spanish. But, the question is "how"?

Let us know how you would like to see video on SpanishPod101. In what ways do you think video would be useful to the student experience?

Thanks so much for your feedback. The more we know about what you want, the better we can design our course to meet your needs.

rodney
Established Presence

Postby rodney » August 12th, 2008 1:10 pm

Hmmm. Great idea.

I've seen what are IMO, two great formats for video lessons.

One format was short video footage taken of people going about town conducting their daily business, interacting with real people using "real" spanish, unedited, unscripted. They also produce videos for different regions of the Spanish speaking world.

You can take a look here:
http://langmedia.fivecolleges.edu/lm_collection.html

The second was short video footage of interviews with various people about a variety of topics, with spanish and english translations, along with grammer notes.

This from the Univ. of Texas:
http://www.laits.utexas.edu/spe/index.html

I think that between these two sites you can come up with some great ideas. I'd love to see something very similar (or the same) done here.

Keep coming up with these great ideas! Pretty soon I won't need any other sites!

Get 40% OFF
timtastic
New in Town

Postby timtastic » August 12th, 2008 5:59 pm

Maybe you could set a few of your lessons in the kitchen. Make some food and let us follow the recipe, learning nouns and grammar along the way.

After listening to your newbie and regional series on love, I'd enjoy a Spanishpod101-produced telenovela. :lol:

rodney
Established Presence

Postby rodney » February 5th, 2009 1:03 pm

Joseph,

Any update for us on the videos? Anything solidified on what the videos will cover or when we can expect to see the first one released?
http://myspanishnotes.blogspot.com/
Read about real Spanish I learned from real conversations
No grammar, no verb conjugations, no textbook Spanish

Ronnie12
New in Town

Postby Ronnie12 » March 27th, 2009 1:29 am

Hi i am new, I've been listening for a while though. I joined just to ask when would video be coming.. I see JPod has theirs. To be honest I hope Jpod is more up beat than theirs. I really enjoy the podcasts so I just expect the videos to be just as resourceful. 8)

Return to “Learn Spanish Feature Requests”