Start Learning Spanish in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Expansion section

mariposa
Been Around a Bit

Expansion section

Postby mariposa » July 27th, 2008 9:49 am

I like very much the new vocabulary expansion section in the learning center. It is a very good possibity to learn the vobulary in context.
Even better it would be - I know it will be still more work for you - if you you could provide audio-files for the example-phrases. An audio of the english translation isn't necessary in my opinion.

Saludos

Joseph
Expert on Something

Moving Forward and Catching Up

Postby Joseph » July 27th, 2008 4:58 pm

Hey there, Mariposa!

Thanks for commenting. Yes, we're exciting too about the new Expansion Section in the Learning Center, and we feel that it's already adding a lot to the educational experience of Spod101. It's my sense that this is a major factor that sets us apart from the rest.

As for including audio for the same sentences, we're currently doing so for new lessons. For some of the series, however, we have already recorded a lot in advance, in order to secure a season. However, we're also going back with a "master list" and recording all the sample sentences that we've included in the PDFs over the last 8 months! We're talking about 1,500+ sample sentences. Hehe.... As you can imagine, this is a big job to record, edit and upload, but we hope to have it taken care of by the end of August. And, as I said, we're including this in new lessons as we create them. Seeing that this is now a new step in our work flow, it's possible that some lessons may be missing audio for sample sentences. So, for these, please be patient and we will do our best to make sure that all are taken care of.

You'll also notice that for the vocabulary, some lessons now include audio for the Spanish word pronounced at normal speed, then at slower and also English. This new feature, like that of the sample sentences, will be an ongoing project to backfill and implement in future lessons. We're including the English wherever possible, because we feel that it could help students who may not have mastered English. And, seeing that our Spanish lessons are given in English, having English mastered is really a prerequisite.

Thanks again for commenting and please let us know if you have any other suggestions!

Saludos,
Joseph

Get 40% OFF
mariposa
Been Around a Bit

Postby mariposa » July 27th, 2008 5:26 pm

Wow!, I am really impressed. I've been thinking that it would already a big job to do for the new and upcoming lessons and didn't expected that you will do the same for the older lessons, too.
Thanks a lot for the great job you all do. It makes learning easier and more comfortable.

Joseph
Expert on Something

Postby Joseph » July 27th, 2008 11:22 pm

Thanks, Mariposa. For me, one of the most interesting aspects of this project is figuring out how our users learn best. I don't think it's quite true that "everyone learns differently", but I would say that there are predominant "learning trends" as well as, and I think this is very important, there are curious suggestions that come out of left field; ideas which the majority of us would never think of.

A mi parecer, ésta es la gran ventaja del trabajo grupal: el poder enterarse de cómo aprenden los aprendices a fin de completar y enriquecer sus estudios.

Gracias a ti,
Joseph

Return to “Learn Spanish Feature Requests”