Or sign up using Facebook

Regional Series 2- Lesson Design????

djthyberg
New in Town

Regional Series 2- Lesson Design????

Postby djthyberg » July 23rd, 2008 5:07 pm

Hello everyone,

This is David, head editor with Spod101.com

I would like the feedback of you, the students, as we are in the process of preparing a new Regional Series 2!!!

Currently, Regional Series 1 consists of Iberian, Costa Rican, and Peruvian Spanish segments that all correspond to Newbie Lessons.

Now, for season 2, we are looking at adding Mexican and Argentinian segments.

What we would like to know is this... Would you prefer that the new season correspond to sequential lower intermediate lessons in terms of topics and level of difficulty for the material, just as the first season did with Newbie level topics?

Or would you prefer to have some of the segments correspond to Newbie level, others to Beginner, others to Lower and Upper intermediate levels. This option is less sequential, so it would not be possible to reference lessons with each other as we have been doing in the first season. You go into less depth on each individual topic. However, it would provide a more broad range of topics and levels of difficulty.

WE WANT TO DESIGN OUR COURSE TO YOUR NEEDS!!!
(That's why learning Spanish with Spod101.com is so unique and effective)

Let us know what you think about the NEW REGIONAL SERIES SEASON 2, and we will do our best to meet your language learning needs. Wink

Mil gracias,
-David T.

mariposa
Been Around a Bit

Postby mariposa » July 24th, 2008 1:13 pm

Hello David,
good news. I always liked the idea of Regional lessons very much, although I am not sure how you will be able to five different Regional lessons + Newbie, Beginner, Lower Intermediate, Upper Intermediate and Verb Conjugation. One week has only 7 days ;-) or are you thinking about posting 2 lessons/day?
In general I think the second option (Regional lessons for different Core Curriculum lessons) makes maybe more sense, so that you could offer more material for advanced students maybe.
In addition I hope that the focus on Spanish of Middle and South America will not be too strong in relation to European Spanish. Probably a lot of your listeners come from America, and of course, there are more Spanish Native speakers in Latin America than in Spain, but for most of the Europeans el Castellano of Spain is the reference point, so maybe you could introduce a Core Curriculum Lesson with an European Spanish Native Speaker.

Saludos

Get 40% OFF
timtastic
New in Town

Postby timtastic » August 3rd, 2008 11:36 am

I may be too late to chime in, but I agree with Mariposa. On a purely selfish note, the second option would allow someone like myself (a relative "newbie") to re-visit the Regional lessons as I progress through the levels of experience.

I'm very excited about the two new regions. My wife & I visited Argentina for our honeymoon last October, and it was an experience that I will never forget. I only wish that I had started my studies in Spanish before going there. :wink:

rodney
Established Presence

Postby rodney » August 14th, 2008 2:48 am

Would you prefer that the new season correspond to sequential lower intermediate lessons in terms of topics and level of difficulty for the material, just as the first season did with Newbie level topics?

Or would you prefer to have some of the segments correspond to Newbie level, others to Beginner, others to Lower and Upper intermediate levels. This option is less sequential, so it would not be possible to reference lessons with each other as we have been doing in the first season. You go into less depth on each individual topic. However, it would provide a more broad range of topics and levels of difficulty.

A combination of both? Where it makes sense to link lessons, do so.

djthyberg
New in Town

gracias

Postby djthyberg » August 14th, 2008 8:04 pm

thanks for the posts guys... we will do our best to keep publishing new lessons that meet your needs. hasta pronto :)

Return to “Learn Spanish Feature Requests”