Start Learning Spanish in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Panama...

cacevedo222
Been Around a Bit

Panama...

Postby cacevedo222 » June 22nd, 2008 5:27 pm

Okay...As well all know, I live in Costa Rica (Which helps since I host the Costa Rican series). Through circumstances beyond my control, I am forced to leave the country every 90 days. For this trip, I chose Panama. After a 6 hour bus ride I arrived at a small town called Sixaola, located in the province of Limon. Now, there are 3 border crossings for Panama through Costa Rica and Sixaola is the least popular. I now know why...After getting off the bus you walk across a bridge and cross the border. This was one of the oldest bridges I have ever seen and I thought I would fall through. (It's actually closed at night because people were falling through) What struck me immediately is the different Spanish that is spoken here (and the amount of English). It has more of a Caribbean flavor. Since I began working with Spanishpod101.com, I have been learning Costa Rican Spanish and I must say, it surprised me that somewhere no more that 300 Kilometers away could have such a completely different sound. I am on an archipeligo named Bocas del Toro. I recommend it highly to anyone who likes the surf, sun, and sand.

http://www.bocas.com/SPANISH/indexesp.htm

djthyberg
New in Town

Postby djthyberg » July 21st, 2008 10:42 pm

I was in the Panama airport for a day waiting for a delayed flight... It was sooo hot outside in some of the waiting areas, but it was cool to see the palm trees and thatched huts in contrast to the towering skyline of Panama City. I wonder if it's that hot all the time since it's close to the equator. I'd like to go back to see the Canal. Has anyone out there even been?

Get 40% OFF
hiswill4ever1146
New in Town

Panama temperature

Postby hiswill4ever1146 » July 24th, 2010 5:51 am

It has been a long time since anyone posted here. And an equally long time since I was in Panama. I went there a total of four times. Still have money in a couple of banks, humm, I think about that sometimes wondering how long until I might lose it. Oh, well easy come easy go.

It is hot there and that is one reason I like it. I can not recall a cold temperature ever. I do not care for all the air conditioning they have due to the heat. Even the caja de dinero, the ATM little space where you step inside to get some cash, it is freezing in there and then you step out again to be hit with a heat wave. :oops: Well, hasta luego.

Panama is great for investors by the way and there are communities of americans particularly in a place called Boquete. Everything will grow there also.

Take care.

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Spanish”