Start Learning Spanish in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

the fútbol method?

pauldavidmena
New in Town

the fútbol method?

Postby pauldavidmena » December 23rd, 2014 11:16 pm

I've been a very happy listener to the SpanishPod101 podcasts, but this is my first post to the forum. :D

I've heard of the "telenovela" method for getting bonus exposure to conversational Spanish. I don't care for soap operas, but I do love Spanish and Mexican soccer and record many hours of it during the season. Admittedly, the announcers speak too quickly for me, but I think some of it is due to the fútbol-specific vocabulary used. I realize that baseball is no different, with its Texas Leaguers, round-trippers, frozen ropes, etc., but I've picked those up over the years. My question is this: is there any resource out there - online or otherwise - that could serve as a sort of "cheat sheet" for Spanish-language soccer slang? Thank you so much for this great learning resource!
Paul David Mena
Cochituate, MA, USA

carlavapu5507
Been Around a Bit

Re: the fútbol method?

Postby carlavapu5507 » December 27th, 2014 2:50 am

Hola Paul,

Thank you for your comment!
Watching fútbol games in spanish will also help you, though 'cause of the excitement and all people tent to talk fast and yell. So it would be more difficult to understand than watching soap operas. But don't get disappointed, you just need to be more concentrated and get use to fast spanish speaking.
Here is a link i found http://www.lingolex.com/footballen.htm with a vocab that will help you around with the Mexican soccer games you watch.

Suerte,
Carla
Team SpanishPod101.com

Get 40% OFF
pauldavidmena
New in Town

Postby pauldavidmena » December 27th, 2014 3:28 pm

Carla,

This is exactly what I was looking for. I have several hours of fútbol mexicano recorded and just waiting to be watched. Thank you so much!

Paul
Paul David Mena
Cochituate, MA, USA

carlavapu5507
Been Around a Bit

Postby carlavapu5507 » January 1st, 2015 1:34 am

Hola Paul,

I'm happy to hear that i could help you.
Don't hesitate to ask again for any help with your Spanish Lessons!

Feliz año!
Carla
Team SpanishPod101.com

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Spanish”