a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

new Spanish-y stuff in my life

Bouks
Been Around a Bit

new Spanish-y stuff in my life

Postby Bouks » May 22nd, 2009 5:49 pm

Que tal, amigos :)

Hace mucho tiempo que no estudio aqui en SpanishPod, pero tengo que recomenzar con mucho mas energio!

The reason being that I am embarking on some new, important projects in my life that require languages, especially Spanish. (What better projects are there? ;) )

First, I have been admitted to graduate school full-time, and am going to be pursuing certification in translation from Spanish to English. This means getting my Spanish back, not just to a level where I can chat with friends, but to a level I can work in professionally. (No pressure there :roll: :lol: ) I'm starting out with Lower Intermediate so I can reinforce lost grammar neuroconnectors in my brain, and work up from there.

Second, I have begun to take lessons in Argentine Tango 8) I love, love, LOVE Argentine tango. Me encanta! Especially when I get to dance with a handsome man that leads well 8) Lots of Spanish speakers in the milongas, as you might imagine, so I'd better get practicing if I want to become "hot property" in the milonga circles.

Nice to be back again, and I hope to reconnect with friends and make new acquaintances here.
Bouks (Julia)
Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Spanish”