Start Learning Spanish in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Idea: Practice audio files

nprestongeo3273
New in Town

Idea: Practice audio files

Postby nprestongeo3273 » March 24th, 2014 1:32 am

I would like to see (hear?) audio programs that give us listening practice using all the words introduced in the lesson series (and maybe all previous lesson series) to that point. Maybe one audio file every five lessons, (The more the merrier!) emphasizing the most recent words, but using as many as possible.

I enjoy the podcasts and appreciate the background, cultural insights and grammar explanations, but once the lesson is over, it's easy to forget the words without repetition, repetition, repetition.

I finished another course which didn't have these features, but did have the repetition from various angles, and gained quite a bit from it, but I decided to start from the beginning of your program and became a Premium member. I've picked up quite a lot of information, but would like to hear it applied more than just the conversation snippet provided in the lesson.

We need to hear the words in different ways often enough to learn to recognize them as a concept instead of trying to translate them into the English equivalent.

May I suggest a series of phrases using the words in different ways and different conjugations like you do in the podcasts: Normal speed phrase, slow speed phrase, with translation, and normal speed phrase. Keep them short to start. As it progresses, make them longer. Maybe use a story or article. Make them about the same length as a typical podcast.

Studying alone, we don't get to have the interaction that would be available in a class. Attempting to listen to Spanish language TV or radio gets us lost very quickly, as there are so few words we recognize, and they come so fast. A more controlled feed to practice with would go a long way toward filling that void.

ofeliadgrd
New in Town

Re: Idea: Practice audio files

Postby ofeliadgrd » March 25th, 2014 7:34 am

Hi nprestongeo3273,

Thank you for your feedback! We will consider it for the future developments.
Have you ever tried the Flashcards? They could be a very useful device!
http://www.spanishpod101.com/learningce ... flashcards

Thank you again,
Ofelia
Team SpanishPod101.com

Get 40% OFF
nprestongeo3273
New in Town

Postby nprestongeo3273 » April 17th, 2014 4:56 pm

I have used the flashcards, which work fine for learning/remembering the gerunds, but that's like the difference between reading about how to ride a bicycle as compared to actually getting on and riding one. I'm hoping for sentences/conversations that use the various conjugations and tenses as studied up to that point in the lesson series.

'Ear training'!

A series of bonus tracks attached to the lessons would be good.

ofeliadgrd
New in Town

Postby ofeliadgrd » April 22nd, 2014 3:57 am

Hi nprestongeo3273,

Thank you for your reply.
In the flashcards you should also be able to find sample sentences, where the verbs are conjugated.
In every flashcard there is a little link "View Sample Sentences".

I hope this helps!
Thank you,
Ofelia
Team SpanishPod101.com

nprestongeo3273
New in Town

Re: Idea: Practice audio files - ear training

Postby nprestongeo3273 » April 28th, 2014 1:49 am

The ones I've seen typically are only one sentence, if any, and that from the pdf or audio lesson.

I'm hoping for more extensive practice files. I can't expect them to appear immediately, but please consider them for future features.

Thanks!

ofeliadgrd
New in Town

Postby ofeliadgrd » May 1st, 2014 4:36 am

Hi nprestongeo3273,

We will surely consider your suggestion!
Thank you for your understanding.

Ofelia
Team SpanishPod101.com

lbuckley6754
New in Town

Postby lbuckley6754 » May 13th, 2014 3:54 am

Practice audio files would be great! Flashcards and the word bank are great, but with audio files, I could practice while I'm out for my daily walk. I spend a lot more time listening than I do sitting at my computer!

team.relationships
New in Town

Postby team.relationships » May 19th, 2014 6:55 am

Hello lbuckley6754,

Thank you for your post and suggestions!
We will consider them :D

Saludos,
Laura
Team SpanishPod101.com

Return to “Learn Spanish Feature Requests”